Armenia Unveils Decision to Offer Citizenship for at least $150,000 Investment
Prospective applicants will have 11 different routes to qualifying for citizenship on the basis of an economic contribution in Armenia:
- A contribution of at least $150,000 to a foundation established to carry out activities in the fields of education or science;
- An investment of at least $150,000 in the shares of a commercial entity for a period of no fewer than 10 years;
- An investment of at least $150,000 in government bonds for a period of no fewer than 7 years;
- An investment of at least $150,000 in real estate “with a cadastral value approximated to the market value of the property” for a period of no fewer than 10 years.
- An investment of at least US$150,000 in any government-approved investment fund for a period of no fewer than 10 years.
- The establishment of a company in a high-tech or IT business with a capitalization of at least $1 million, “provided that the center of vital interests of the founder is located in the Republic of Armenia”;
- The establishment of a branch in Armenia for a foreign information technology company with a capitalization equal to $100 million or more that has at least 500 employees in Armenia;
- The establishment of a venture capital fund with assets amounting to at least $80 million in Armenia;
- An investment of $100,000 or more in a high-tech or venture capital fund;
- Have at least 20 years of work experience in “high and (or) information technology companies listed on the New York, Frankfurt or London stock exchanges”; or
- Having engaged in long-term activity, at least five years, in the international structures of the postal sector, as well as making financial, material, and technical investments in the field amounting to at least $250,000.